Craving the big dish of creamy spicy prawns we had on the Sunshine Coast, I adapted a recipe from Best Recipes to recreate it. Don’t be shy with the butter, and let that rice soak in with the coconut chilli sauce.
Creamy Coconut Chilli Prawns with Rice recipe
Author: Bryt & Jamie
- 250g frozen raw prawns
- 1 spring onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 400ml coconut milk
- ¼ chicken stock cube
- ¼ tsp ground chilli
- (add in a finely sliced small red pepper, deseeded if available)
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp fresh coriander and parsley, roughly chopped
- cooked steamed white rice
- In a sieve, wash the prawns with semi cold water until defrosted.
- Chop the spring onions finely and mince the garlic.
- Heat 1 tbsp of butter in the medium sized frying pan.
- Once liquid, toss in the spring onion and garlic until semi transparent, then sprinkle in the chilli.
- Pour in the cream, ¾ of the coriander and chicken stock cube, stir, and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, then add in the prawns. Cook until they are dark pink.